Thursday, July 5, 2007

Where are your friends tonight?


Yes, it's been a while, but cut me some slack! I'm in California for a couple of weeks and Vance needs to start writing. Miss us? Here, take a couple of quick songs in the interim...

So, Sound of Silver, LCD Soundsystem's second studio album, was kinda hit-or-miss, right? That's not some sophomore slump bullshit, I'm just saying: when your first album is so good, and your production house/record label side-project (or main project, whatever) spits out such consistently incredible music (The DFA even made Britney Spears' scratch lyrics on that unreleased demo sound kinda cool), you've got some impressing to do. I ain't saying I was unimpressed, I'm just saying, WHY AIN'T YOU DANCING! Is it cuz the best song on Sound of Silver is not all that dancey? Suh-NAP!


MP3: LCD Soundsystem - "All My Friends"

The "All My Friends" single comes in a few different incarnations. The title track itself is a Roxy Music-on-a-rollercoaster chunk of belly-fluttering sweetness, and the longer album-length version is even that much more so, but it's the Franz Ferdinand version (one of two covers on the EP, along with an astonishingly just-OK John Cale version) that stretches our guts just as far as "Age of Consent" does.


MP3: Franz Ferdinand - "All My Friends"

It might even be, dare I say it, better than LCD's original? Don't hate, I'm just saying. Just saying! Go listen to more LCD Soundystem stuff over on their Internets. See y'all soon enough.

No comments: